United Prayer International (U.P.I) is a support ministry which undergirds all Victory Outreach churches locally, regionally and internationally in the area of prayer.
In January 1999, at a Northern California prayer retreat, it became apparent the time had come to form a prayer ministry at the international level. Our founders, Pastor Sonny and Sister Julie Arguinzoni, invited Pastor Augie and his wife, Mary, to pioneer and establish this ministry. After much prayer, they put together a team which is now known as United Prayer International, a ministry under Victory Outreach International (V.O.I.)
Additionally, United Prayer International has developed a structure within its international prayer ministry to help facilitate and support strategic prayer throughout every Victory Outreach church. This structure begins at the local church level with each Pastor and prayer leader which flows through to each Region and up to the International level. Much like Moses had Aaron and Hur to lift his arms during battle (Exodus 17:8-13), United Prayer International is here to lift each Pastor and Prayer Leader’s arms in the area of prayer. Every member of United Prayer International must function under the local pastor and regional pastor structure as U.P.I. works cooperatively through Victory Outreach’s existing regional structure (Regional Pastors/Regional Prayer Leaders).
- Prayer – We are all called to “pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:15 “[God ] who desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.” 1Timothy 2:4
- Urgency – There is an urgency to prepare an army of prayer warriors within Victory Outreach International. United Prayer International must equip, train and empower others to engage in spiritual warfare on behalf of our ministry. “for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.” 1 Thessalonians 5:2
- Rescue – United Prayer International believes God to rebuild broken lives, free the captives, restore sight to the blind and give hope to the hopeless.“…He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.” Luke 4:18
- Pray through – United Prayer International “prays through” until we “break through” on behalf of our founders, elders, pastors, evangelists, missionaries, leaders, laity and their families. Through prayer we undergird, protect and cover each other against the wiles of the enemy. “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn…”Isaiah 54:17
- Obedience – United Prayer International strives to obey the Word of God and His commands. As intercessors, obedience is required to stand in the gap. “[Jesus} who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.” Hebrews 5:7-8
- Spiritual Gifts – United Prayer International uses the gift of intercession to edify and strengthen the ministry of Victory Outreach International. “Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them…” Romans 12:6
- Effectiveness – Victory Outreach United Prayer International is called to intercede for the establishment and growth of churches worldwide. “Therefore, go ye and make disciples of all nations…” Matthew 28:19