*You can fry the tacos, bake them, or simply warm the tortillas without using any oil. Traditionally potato tacos are fried and crispy, but during the Daniel Fast it is better to abstain from fried foods.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave to make them pliable. Cooking times will vary depending on how many tortillas you need to heat. Brush both sides of each tortilla with oil.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of the filling on each tortilla and roll them up.
- Place the tacos down on a baking sheet in a way that they won’t open up. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. If they are not crispy enough, bake for 5 more minutes or until they come out just the way you like them.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and salsa.
Really basic salsa recipe:
*There are many types of salsas out there but here’s an easy way to make a simple salsa in 5 minutes.
1 large tomato
1 jalapeno or 3 dried chiles de arbol (use 1/2 bell pepper if you don’t like spicy foods)
1/2 onion (optional)
1. Boil all the ingredients in a sauce pan for 5 minutes.
2. Blend the tomato, jalapeno, and onion. Season with a little salt and that’s it!
*Warning: It’s can be spicy.